Thursday, August 30, 2012

Rockin' the Bike!

I came home from work on Tuesday and parked the car in the garage like I always do.  I got out of the car and when I opened the garage door I was met by Brennan wearing a grin from ear to ear. 
 
He said 'mama, close your eyes, I have something to show you.  You are going to be so excited.'  I knew it had to be big because Sean was behind him holding my camera, ready to go.  He made me close my eyes as he and Sean dug out the bike they had bought that afternoon.  But, that wasn't my only surprise.   This bike didn't have training wheels!   AND, he was riding it like a champ.  Up and down the alley!   
 

 You can see him on the gravel trail that goes around the park at the end of our street.  He's on the far right. 


It is so cool.....but honestly, the coolest part is the pride he has in himself.  When we got home, he just kept saying, "I rocked the bike, didn't I mama?"  And, as he was going to bed that night he said, "mama, what was that you said about me riding my bike.....that you were broken to pieces?"  I had said that I was 'bursting at the seams' with pride and excitement!  That we are! 
 
I have to note, that Caelan is also rocking her hand-me-down scooter, as well. 


Here she was 'borrowing' the neighbor boys helmet.  She had put it on backwards but was pleased as punch with herself for getting it on herself.  



No comments: