Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Camping Trip 2012 - Part 1

 
 
 
In mid February, my friend and I made reservations to go camping together.  That's how camping is done in Washington....you have to make reservations months in advance, before you actually know what the weather is doing. 
 
We left for our camping weekend in mid-August in Cape Disappointment State Park.  It was beautiful, the entire 4 hour drive there.....and then, in the last 10min, as we drove to the campground down the hill, we came into the clouds, mist, wind, and cold.  Uugh....
 
But, we set up tent, hoping that the misty, cold, wet fog would clear out....but it didn't so we dug out our long johns. 
 
It was Caden's 4th birthday on Saturday, so we celebrated with cupcakes that Brooke had brought along. 










Caelan and I slept in the back of the car, and Brennan and Sean slept in the tent.  It was a little rough getting Caelan to fall asleep outside her crib.  She tossed and turned, and cried....until I started signing "Firework" by Katy Perry (the Glee Version) - then she quieted - made fireworks with her hands and said 'moon, moon, moon'.....Sometime in the early morning I opened my eyes to find her head smooshed on my pillow.  She fluttered her eyes open long enough to give me a cheesy grin, flutter her eyelashes, and go back to sleep. This was actually my favorite part of camping.   
 
This is us on Sunday morning.  

This is Caelan passing the time while we pack up.  We decided that one night was enough for camping with 5 kids in miserable weather and started packing up our stuff Sunday morning.  


 Of course, the kids had fun despite the weather.  The boys played Ewok/Star Wars adventures, and climbed trees....luckily  my friend Brooke is a nurse. 




No comments: