Friday, June 21, 2013

Brennan & Pace’s 6th Birthday Party–Part 1

 

ALL morning long on Saturday, Brennan kept asking ‘Mama, how much longer until my party?’ – he was driving us crazy.  Finally, we decided to put a movie on for some peace and quiet.  So, while he was watching the movie, he somehow got his hands on a piece of masking tape and ended up putting it on his mouth.  Nana happened to notice that he was watching the movie this way, and called me over to get a picture.  Perfect…..peace and quiet!

DSC_7836

We did a joint 6th birthday party with Brennan’s best little friend, Pace.  Pace’s actual birthday was the 25th which fell right on the Memorial Day holiday this year.  So, it just worked out that we could do the party together.  Our theme was the Angry Bird Star Wars game that is played on an iPod or Computer.  I got a lot of ideas on the internet as I wasn’t very familiar with the game. 

DSC_7889

Do these boys look sweet or what? 

DSC_7839

DSC_7843

The cake was supposed to look like the ‘Death Star Pig’……but no matter how hard I tried, I could not get my fondant to look grey.  Instead, it came out more like a navy blue.  Oh well, it was tasty and Brennan loved it. 

DSC_7844

The centerpiece was my Angry Bird Bomber bird piñata that I MADE with a large balloon and paper mache.   I was so pleased with how it turned out!  

DSC_7845

DSC_7848

DSC_7849

DSC_7853

DSC_7854

DSC_7855DSC_7857

DSC_7858

After eating the piñata was moved into place……

DSC_7903

DSC_7904

No comments: