Friday, March 22, 2013

Fun in March

It was pretty difficult to adjust from our wonderful vacation in Mexico to our dreary rainy & cold Washington.  But, we’re getting there. 

Below is a picture of Cassidy modeling her new bracelets Brennan picked out for her in Mexico. 

DSC_6729

One night after dinner Brennan was goofing in the living room and told me to watch his ‘yoga moves’ so I decided to search youtube and found some actual Yoga for kids videos.  We all had fun trying out to the moves. 

Yoga4kids

Right after we got back from vacation, Brennan was ‘Star of the Week’ at school.   Here he is with his poster.  Generally kids are ‘Stars’ the week of their birthday, but there are apparently a lot of kids with birthdays in May, so he ended up in March.  Every day was a different activity.  And, he got a book written by all the kids in his class each describing why he’s special – mostly commenting on his love of legos, star wars, or power rangers.  He also got to bring a secret in a bag that the other kids had to guess about – his was his bottle of sand.   The smile below is what I get a lot when I ask him to ‘Smile’…..you can see Caelan gave me a love smile complete with a head tilt.   

DSC_6749

There’s a better smile from my little star!

DSC_6752DSC_6753

Interpretations might be needed:

I like myself because – I am fast and strong

I am thankful for – my sister (aka sester)

My favorite place to be – Cabo San Lucas (which sounds like Caboandlooces to a 5yr old)

Below are some pictures from Brennan’s last day of basketball practice.  He loved the warming up part, and the running…..but kind of bored during the ‘games’ – which really means they all just stand under the basket, or stand right in front of the guy with the ball, blocking them and yelling at them to pass….and then there has to be equality, so just because he rebounded the ball, it usually got taken away from him and given to a kid who needed a turn. 

basketballDSC_6777DSC_6784DSC_6793

No comments: