Monday, October 8, 2012

October 2012–Happy Birthday Mama!

 

Brennan was of course VERY excited for my birthday this year.  When you are FIVE birthdays are big deals…..big deals that must involve a party.  He woke up early on Sunday (the day before) ready to decorate for the get-together Sean had planned for that evening. 

 

Unfortunately, we had no tape in the house, so we had to go out shopping before he could get to business.  While they decorated, I got to go upstairs and put my feet up and I took the opportunity to do some shopping online and ended up finding some clothes to order.  When he came up to get me I was just about ready to push ‘confirm’ on my purchase.  He wanted to lead me down the stairs with my eyes closed, so that is why I have my computer with me in the picture below. 

DSC_4483-001

Very proudly showing off his decorations and wrapped gift. 

DSC_4488

DSC_4490DSC_4492

For my birthday, we had the Hoffman’s over for pizza and a ‘good’ bottle of wine, and of course chocolate cake!

DSC_4493DSC_4494

On my actual birthday, I was treated to omelets in the morning, and a haircut/color during lunch.  And, for dinner, Sean had arranged for our babysitter to come and hang out with the kids while we went to dinner.  It was an absolutely lovely evening, and we were able to sit out on the patio at the restaurant.  After dinner we came home to have chocolate cake and a little dance party with the babysitter.  It was a great birthday.  Not sure I’m looking forward to the big 4-0 next year, though…..

DSC_4499

No comments: