Saturday, January 16, 2010

Funny Brennan Stories

I was trying to explain to Brennan where Grandpa was hurt....so, I asked him where his hiney was.....he replied "My hiney is in my diaper, mama."

Same night, I told Brennan that we needed to give papa some privacy while he talked to someone on the phone and he said "Oh, mama, I know where you can find some good privacy"....then he went into our laundry room, and came out with a roll of toilet paper saying "this is some good privacy, mama."

When Brennan was very little, he just HATED his car seat. He would cry and cry - we called it "going tomato." Anyway, one of the only things to get him to stop crying was to sing "Annie's Song" by John Denver (it was the only song I could sing all the words to). Recently, while I was brushing his teeth, I started singing it "you fill up my senses...." he got up & grabbed me around the neck and said, "Let's all sing it...papa, sing" and then as if he had a stein of beer in his hand, started rocking back and forth and singing at the top of his lungs "YOU FILL UP MY SENSES...." It was a total "full circle" moment for me, and made me tear up a little. I know, I'm a geek....Brennan will be the only kid who knows who John Denver is....(<8 I LOVE IT~!

No comments: