Saturday, October 19, 2013

Happy Birthday Mama!

 

Wow, what a great birthday!

I was awoken on my 40th birthday by everyone singing our traditional “heeeyyy, it’s your birthday….heeeeyyy, it’s your birthday.”  Brennan was so excited to show me what he had decorated and for me to open my presents – which were truly THE BEST!  Caelan got me a hamburger from her kitchen (to represent going out to eat that evening) and Brennan got me a pack of little Diet Pepsi’s.  On his request, I have given up my daily Diet Pepsi, but I am allowed on on Saturday & Sunday…..and the ‘emergency’ ones he got me for my birthday. 

DSC_9521_edited (1024x683)DSC_9532_edited (683x1024)DSC_9538_edited (683x1024)

Breakfast was french toast – which is definitely my favorite.  Yummm….

DSC_9545_edited (683x1024)

My handsome boy on my birthday, getting ready for school.  I took the day off from work and went shopping.  It was a great day! 

DSC_9548_edited (683x1024)

Brennan has really be excited about the ‘bucket filling’ concept his first grade teacher has adopted in her classroom.  When you do nice things for someone you ‘fill their bucket’ and your own.  When its not so nice its called ‘dipping in my bucket.’  This sentiment on my birthday card was pretty special! 

DSC_9564_edited (1024x683)

Sean surprised me on my birthday by giving me EXACTLY what I wanted……a wine tour through Woodinville with my best girlfriends followed by dinner.  Icing on the cake was the Limo he arranged to drive us, and my friend Emily flying in from Carson City to join us.  It was an awesome surprise birthday gift.  My husband is the BEST! 

photo 12

No comments: